Patrick to Aidan to school today while I packed for the hospital. Once he came home he settled down with the baby name books and informed me that not only was it time to get down to business but also there could be no more "joke names". Really? Because I was the one with all of the silly names.
We picked up Aidan from nursery school and dropped him off with Meneka in the DAA nursery. He wasn't happy but he settled down quickly. We finally made it to the hospital only to find that there was NO PARKING! This just topped off an already difficult trip down and Patrick was not happy. We finally found a spot and took our sweaty selves into the hospital. Checking in was quite easy and then they took us directly to my room. I unpacked while Patrick settled in and continued looking for names. The nurses were in and out while getting me ready. It was nice to be settled in and have Patrick there to chat with.
Patrick went with me when they took me up to the surgery floor. At this point I went into a prep room and a nurse took Patrick to the cafe to wait until it was time for him to change into scrubs. He gets the cafe and I haven't eaten since 6:45 that morning. I demanded a danish. I really liked the nursing staff, they were very relaxed and joked around with me (which was great as I was starting to get nervous). The anesthesiologist was wonderful and kept checking walked me through the entire process. In Kuwait the nurse put me in a type of headlock to keep me from jerking away from the needle. Which I understand, you don't want people flailing about when you've got a needle in their spine, but it was a bit stressful. This time the nurses held my arms but had me lower my head and relax and the anesthesiologist told me to remain in contact with her hand at all times. It was all very calm and less scary this time around (there's nothing calming about a headlock).
Patrick came in shortly after Dr. Kasirsky started and we chatted. The procedure took a bit longer this time around and with all of the clanking going on it sounded like the doctor was working on a truck. (And I said that out loud, too.) A few minutes later I hear, "Wow, she has a big head!" Dr. Kasirsky told me later on that the baby's head got stuck in the incision. It took four people, included the anesthesiologist, to push and pull her out. Boy, was she angry! Once they got her cleaned off, Patrick was able to hold her. She quieted down as soon as she got warm. When he tried to show the baby to me she started crying again, so Patrick just held her close until the nurse brought the warmer in. Patrick took some quick pictures with his phone so I could see her without having to disturb her majesty. :P
Mira and Omar brought Aidan to the hospital after school. He was interested in the baby but was more excited about being with the Ghosns. Kiira declared that baby would be called Coco and that she loved pretend babies but also loved real babies. "Coco" is apparently her baby and she's quite excited about it. Kiira was really good with the baby, I'll have to see if anybody took pictures of the two of them.
Everybody headed out about an hour later. Patrick said Aidan was asleep before he even started the car. The baby and I just hung out in the room. It was kind of lonely this time around. But the new kid is healthy and all is well.


No comments:
Post a Comment